Thursday, November 19, 2009

CAD Software

I still have not seen about getting some copies of Solidworks, but I have set up the team page on the FIRST AutoDesk page. AutoDesk is the company that makes AutoCAD and AutoDesk Inventor (basically a Solidworks clone). Because AutoDesk sponsors FIRST, anyone who wants can get a free copy of either of these to play with (personally I find Inventor and Solidworks very similar and Inventor is probably more intuitive for a beginner). Inventor files can be transferred to Solidworks and vice versa, so we can mix and match as need be.
To sign up on the site, follow the instructions here: FIRST_step_by_step_v3.doc
If you have any questions or difficulties, email me at esvATcase.edu (replace the AT with an @) If enough people show interest, I will see about teaching a class or two in Inventor (maybe during the week so as not to interfere with Saturday sessions.) some time in early December. Again, if this sounds cool to you email me.

No comments:

Post a Comment